The Easiest Way to Earn Great Letters of Recommendation
Avoid becoming another “me-too” applicant by learning the
inside secrets to earning Great Letters of Recommendation
What You Need to Know About Letters of Recommendation:
- Who to ask for a letter of recommendation. Who will write you a letter that helps your case?
- The best way to approach a recommender. What’s the correct etiquette?
- How to convince a recommender to take the time to write you a personalized (not generic) letter
- How to write my own letter of recommendation (A skill you’ll need your entire career)
- What a good letter of recommendation look like, and how to get your recommender to write a unique and powerful letter?
- Which mistakes sabotage letters of recommendation, and how you can avoid those mistakes
“Great Letters of Recommendation” gives you all the answers!
Letters of Recommendation Can be Your Competitive Edge!
Great letters of recommendation is the go-to online resource for all applicants who want to avoid this major application screw-up: Becoming another forgettable and generic applicant by earning bland, lifeless letters of recommendation.
I wrote Great Letters of Recommendation because, frankly, most applicants mess their letters up!
Letters of recommendation tell an admissions committee far more about who you are than the other “lifeless” indicators like your GPA and test-scores. With strong letters of recommendation, you can stand above your numbers and become a more desirable applicant.
What Most Applicants do Wrong:
- Winging it – Going in blind not knowing what to do or how to do it
- Asking too late – Your professors need time! But how much?
- Asking the wrong person – Not any professor will write you a great letter
- Declining to write your own letter, even when given the opportunity (Huge Mistake!)
- Forgetting to be patient, courteous and gracious with your recommenders
- Mismanaging letters – letters sent in at the wrong time delay your application and harm your chances of acceptance
What’s In “Great Letters of Recommendation,” and
How It Will Help You Get Impressive Letters
Learn Who to Ask, and When
Identifying the best people to ask and asking them at the right time is the key to strong letters of recommendation. This book covers this aspect of the process in detail.
Asking for a letter of recommendation can feel like an intimidating task when you don’t know how to bring up the topic. My conversation scripts help you to break the ice — just follow the script and I guarantee a painless conversation.
Sample Letters of Recommendation
Here’s a big secret: Letter writers want you to tell them what to write, and sample letters will show you what works best. See what the strongest letters look like, and use them as your guide when you request your letters.
Email and Thank-You Templates
The etiquette around letters of recommendation is a big mystery to applicants, so I’ve provided several different templates to show you how it’s done. You’ll come across as the most prepared applicant when you use my templates to communicate with your recommenders.
Real Professors Tell You The Mistakes to Avoid
I interviewed dozens of college professors and they gave me the very worst, facepalm-inducing mistakes that caused them to write really bad letters of recommendation. This is one of my favorite features, partly because it’s so entertaining, and partly because it’s so helpful.
How to Manage Your Letters – Submit Them With Perfect Timing
Learn the best easy ways to get your letters submitted on time — without having to micromanage each one. I give you a variety of options that most applicants don’t know about.
Perfect For PreMed, Pre-Dental, Pre-MBA, and Pre-Law
The wisdom and guidance in these pages is perfect for any graduate school applicant, but it’s particularly useful for PreMed, Pre-Dental, Pre-MBA, and Pre-Law applicants.
A Life-Long Skill: Useful For Your Entire Career
This book is a keeper! Eventually, you’ll be a working professional too, and you’ll need to write letters of recommendation for your employees, students, or clients. Keep this file around and you’ll use it for years and years to come.
…It’s 178 Pages – Everything You Need is Inside!
“Great Letters of Recommendation”
Helps Real Applicants!
First off, the D.O. in my first shadowing experience in November finally got back to me with a letter! He was actually really nice about it and offered to write a D.O. and M.D. letter! So thank you again for all your advice!
The second D.O. I shadowed has written me a letter as well. He took it well when I asked him for a letter, but I don’t know if that’s just his personality or the fact that I asked him ahead of time about wanting to “talk to him about a letter at some point.” Either way, thank you for your advice. At a minimum, I felt more confident asking him after talking to you.
Thank you so much for all your help Don.
Great Letters of Recommendation Has…
- Conversation Scripts and email templates – What to say and how to say it
- Sample Letters of Recommendation – See what a great letter really looks like
- Guide to mistakes and pitfalls to avoid – Succeed where others don’t
- Guide on what to say, how to say it, and when
- How to easily manage your letters – Send your letters hassle-free
Ready to Order?
Paperback Book + Digital Download
Get Great Letters of Recommendation in paperback AND digital (PDF)
Order the paperback + PDF for only $19.95 + S&H