Amazon Student is an excellent service and it does wonders for pre-meds because it provides rented texts cheap and two-day shipping is free. Since these books are so large, the shipping is a good chunk of the expense and Amazon Student’s free two-day shipping really helps. Although the free shipping is the best perk in the entire package, Amazon Student has plenty more to offer. Here’s what’s free for the first six months of signing up with your .edu email.
- Deals and promotions aimed specifically for students.
- $10 credit for each friend that signs up and refers you.
- Free digital versions of textbooks you rent or buy. Very helpful if you’re running late and getting the books for your classes at the last minute.
- And did I mention free two-day shipping already?
You might not care as much about the the two first benefits mentioned, but I’m telling you that the shipping by far makes it worthwhile. Best of all, all of this is free for the first six months. After this period expires, you are given the option of extending your service for a rate of $50 to continue using Amazon Student. Doing this gives you even more added benefits:
- Instant streaming of 41,000 movies and TV episodes.
- Tons of free Kindle books that you can view whenever you’d like.
- Over one million songs that you can stream ad-free.
Again, even though all of these are great, the free shipping alone makes the $50 per year worth it. The rest is just a bonus which makes this an excellent deal.
The final verdict: I can wholeheartedly say that Amazon Student is well worth the money. If you have an .edu email, go sign up right now! It’s free for the first six months.
Watch my video guide and see your GPA the way medical schools see your GPA.