Both Harry and Niall are pop superstars because of the huge success of their band, One Direction. They might be good at making chart-topping hits, but could they be just as incredible in medicine? Has either of them got what it takes — and who would be the better doctor?
Harry Styles attended Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School although it is unknown how well he did there. He did not attend college and in 2010 auditioned for The X Factor which sprung him into stardom. Because of his immediate success and the formation of One Direction, he left high school after his sophomore year
Niall Horan attended Coláiste Mhuire (Mary’s College) during his high school years until auditioning for The X Factor at age 16. Soon after, One Direction was formed. His academic background is not very good, and like Harry, little is known about how well he did.
Application Strengths: Who Looks Better?
Let’s look at the facts.
In terms of who did better in high school, we can’t really be certain. Although, I have a hunch that Harry is a better candidate just based on the fact that Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School is a more prestigious school than the one Niall attended.
Neither of them has any medical experience, nor do either of them have any volunteering experience. Deciding between Niall and Harry is going to be difficult.
So, Who’s the Better Candidate?
So a few things we can factor in here.
- Academic achievement — Harry wins this by a slim margin.
- Extra-curricular activities — Niall wins this category, since he has performed at the Mullingar Arts Centre and the Academy in Dublin.
- Medical Experience — neither of them has any actual experience, but there’s plenty of fanfic stories of them being doctors!
What’s the Verdict?
Not the best answer, but I’m going to have to say this is a tie. They’re both equally (un)enticing candidates and I just don’t know enough to make a judgement call.
Now what both of them need to do if they want to become a doctor is:
- #1 Enroll in a pre-med program and do well.
- #2 Study and take the MCAT (and do well, of course)
- #3 Apply to medical school.
Easy enough? I think they can handle it — they’ve learned a good work ethic through all of the touring they’ve done.