You already know that if you don’t take the MCAT, you’re not getting accepted to med school, and if your score is low, you don’t have a very good chance at getting in.
As you prepare for the MCAT you will be studying g chem, ochem, bio, and physics for awhile — I suggest at least three months before you take the test.
But there’s a big problem: There are a limited number of ways to prepare for the MCAT, and they’re all expensive:
- You can buy a book and study on your own – That requires a lot of self discipline
- You can hire a tutor — Costs more than most can afford
- You can take a prep class — Another very expensive option
That’s what’s always bugged me — the students who would really benefit from an MCAT prep class can’t afford them.
The high cost of MCAT prep even chases some premeds away, causing them to give up the medical school dream. It’s a big loss for everyone when money is the thing that keeps a person out of medical school.
If you have the motivation and the intelligence to become a doctor, you should be able to. Even if you can’t afford pricey MCAT prep that almost everyone needs in order to get a high score.
Alright, that’s the end of my rant.
Another MCAT Prep Option
What I’d like to say now is that I’ve created an MCAT prep solution that will change prep for every premed out there. I’ve created a low-cost alternative that anyone can join, and it gives you many of the same benefits that more expensive prep courses offer.
The MCAT Club is my new online prep club for premeds, and all members of the club get:
- More than 350 hours of online MCAT videos covering Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics
- Direct contact with MCAT experts and admissions expert:
- Jason Dinsmore of Organicchemistoncall.com
- Norm Issa — Neurology resident and owner of Studentdoc.com
- Me — Don Osborne — test-taking strategist and admissions expert
- Regular special guests
- Weekly calls with the experts
- Verbal reasoning help: Sign up and get “30 MCAT Verbal Reasoning Passages” as a free bonus
If you join today you can come to the next club meeting, so check the schedule of courses and find the next meeting date that works fits with your schedule.